8.24.2010

Time Passes Quickly

Life always seems to get in the way of living....think about that for a minute.

OK so I haven't written in a while because, like most I tend to get caught up in the little things. The changes that had been an undercurrent of my spring grew into a tidal wave this summer, crashing and dispersing any sense of stability that I was foolishly grasping on to. The finer things in life, like yoga were unfortunately lost in the storm. I am not teaching yoga, I am at a job that I enjoy, but it's not teaching yoga. I have been caught up in my life, aka trying to get through each day, verses living life. How can you lose yoga in such an unstable part of your life? Well sadly it's way too easy to do so. I knew I needed to practice, and that I should be practicing more so because of my situation, but the heaviness of self inflicted negative emotions kept me in bed many mornings. Finding opportunites to teach (and put myself out there for potential failure again) proved much more challenging than I ever expected.

Time passes quickly and before you know it its been months of this same old, same old. The beautiful thing is all you need to do it stand up and say I'm not going to go to that class tomorrow, I am going to do it today. A little bit of self tough love is just what will get you back on track and next thing you know its been another month, but this time you've been proactive in living your life.

With every valley there is a mountain to climb, and it is not the destination but the journey in which we'll learn. Thank you for sticking with my through these tough times.

No comments:

Post a Comment